Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

Dear Canadian Troops

In honour of Remembrance day we wrote a class letter to Canadian Troops.  Together, we wrote our introduction. Then, each student took the time to write a personal message to our troops. 

Dear Canadian Troops,

We are thankful that you are fighting for us.  We are very grateful of your bravery and willingness to fight for peace.  Thanks you for risking your lives for us!

I am so thankful that you're fighting right now. -Arden

You do so much for our country.  Thank you for your bravery and courage. -Katelyn

I'm so thankful for you running into war to protect our country.  Thanks for your bravery.  -Noah

Thank you for fighting for peace for our country.  -Bruce

I am thankful for the peace you gave us.

Thank you for giving Canada peace.  You are so brave.  -Jason

Thank you for making peace for our country.  -Brett

Thank you for fight to make peace.  Thank you for risking your life for us.  -Rowan

I am so thankful that you are out there fighting for peace.  You are so brave and fearless.  Thank you :) -Aria

I am so thankful for you fighting for peace and making peace in our country. -Anna

I'm thankful for you fighting for us.  One thing I'm really thankful for is you willing to fight for peace.  I'm grateful for your bravery.  -Dobie

I'm thankful for you fighting for us.  I am also thankful for your bravery to fight in World War 1 and 2. 

I really hope that you will defend our country.  You are the best :) .  -Sam

Thank you very much for bringing peace to our country.  You are very brave to do that.  -Matthew

Sincerely,

Ms. Dodds' grade four class



We created some nice poppy art as well! 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I love this idea and the thoughtful comments you each came up with. Well done! Did you actually send these letters away to troops? If not, I can help you find a way to send them to people that are actually away right now missing their families and sacrificing for our freedom. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Mrs. Dent Scarcello,

      Thank you! We were going to find way to publish this online where it could be viewed by troops, but haven't yet found a site. If you have an address or a site you could send us, we'd appreciate it.

      The Grade Fours

      Delete