Pages

Friday 29 November 2013

3-2-1 Update by Matthew R.

3-2-1 Update Nov 25-28
This week at school was very awesome because...
In Science, I put the finishing touches on my platypus shoebox diorama and so far my habitat looks very good. Then I finished my research on platypus population and there are at least 1000 of them still around to this day. After, I started my report on platypuses and I learned that water rats are predators to the platypus.


In ELA, we learned what a synonym is and it means another word to describe something (Ex. hungry = starving). We started writing about our first term in room 26 and I explained all about the point jar and how when you fill up that jar you get a pyjama day and an extension of outdoor recess. We also finished ‘The BFG’ and it ended when the belliehoppers (Helicopters) carried the 9 giants into a 5000FT hole and the BFG fed them only Snozecumbers (cucumbers). We started a new book called ‘The Best Christmas Pageant Ever’.
        In Art, we learned about perspective, which means the view. We used perspective to create some nice snowman art. We used oil pastels, blue and black construction paper and perspective for this project. 
This week I enjoyed when we played speed ball and mini hockey. I was goalie and Jessica scored on me, after I scored on Jessica’s team and we tied 1-1.
I also enjoyed when we got our portfolios ready for student-led conference. We also picked out 2 papers from each subject.
My 1 goal is to finish my 3-2-1 update faster. I will complete this goal by the 12th of December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment