Pages

Friday 4 October 2013

Run meet!!! By Aria McIntyre

    On Thursday some of the kids in the school that signed up for run club got to go to the run meet at Birds Hill Park! And my best friends Angela and Sara and I got to go too. When I just got to school (at regular time because on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays we get to school for run club early) I went to my classroom first and then I went to gym. When I got to the gym I had to get a birds hill t-shirt because I don’t have one.

   When all the kids in grade 3-6 got a shirt we headed outside to go to the buses so we could get there. I thought that we would need 2 or maybe even 3 buses to get all the kids there but it only took 1 bus! When we started driving away it got really loud. But our gym teacher said that when we got to the park that we were really quiet in the bus! Me, Angela and Sara sat together on the bus and started laughing because we thought that that was funny. Then I asked Angela if that was a joke.

   When we got out we walked towards our tarp that we were going to put our backpacks on and got settled there. Soon after, the races began.  Grade 3s raced first and we raced in order all the way up to grade 6.  Some grades had 2 or 3 different races for girls and boys.  Bird’s Hill had a lot of top ten finishes!  We did really well.  When we weren’t racing we got to hang out with our friends and play with gym equipment in the field.  It was a really fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment